Do you enjoy Applebees Salads? Would you love to make those salads at home?
Here are some of my favorite Applebees recipes. I hope, these will be your equally favorite and you will enjoy them.
1- Applebee’s Asian Salad Recipe And Dressing
Two weeks ago, I requested some of my pals to share their most cherished and less demanding recipes. Although, I love getting inventive in the kitchen. However, at some evenings, I just want to follow a recipe that I know will turn out well and still have a great time of serving my family something new.My best friend sent me this recipe and I am glad to tell you it trumps the Applebee’s dressing, without a doubt.
When I was a lovebird, one of my most favorite salad was the Asian Chicken Salad from Applebees. I have such affectionate recollections of that salad, even become a close friend with one of the servers at the restaurant close to our home. Just would ring ahead and pick a half quart of the dressing whenever I was needing the plate of salad. I didn’t know much just how easy it could have been to stir up my own copycat adaptation of their dressing and that it would taste so much better as well.
Ingredients of Applebee’s Asian Salad Recipe
To make Applebees salads you need:
- 6-8 pieces frozen crispy chicken strips, about 1.5 pounds
- 6 cups shredded crunchy lettuce, (Romaine works best)
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 large English cucumber, (Sliced lengthwise and then into very thin slices)
- 1 small red onion, (Sliced as thin as possible)
- 1/2 cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1) Cook the chicken as directed by the package instructions. While the chicken cooks, mix the lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, onion, noodles, and almonds in a mixing bowl. expansive blending dish. Mix them thoroughly.
2) Remove the chicken from the stove and cut or chop into bite-size pieces. put the serving of salads into individual plates and top with the chicken.(Don’t hesitate to add the chicken to the mixing bowl and twirl to combine before serving family-style.) Drizzle with salad dressing just before serving. Just Enjoy!
The above-mentioned recipe includes frozen crispy chicken strips. This makes it one of the least demanding, and simplest, salad to get on the table in less than 20 minutes. In case, you want to influence your own particular fresh chicken, I recommend following this recipe for Homemade Chick-fil-A. Simply skip the pickle juice marinade. The chicken fresh and succulent every time.
Ingredients Applebee’s Asian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients. Transfer it into an airtight jar. Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
2- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad- Applebees Salads
Description of Menu: “Fresh Oriental greens topped with pieces of crunchy Chicken Fingers, toasted almonds and firm rice noodles hurled in a light Oriental vinaigrette.”
Did you have any teenage moment when you thought you were quite grown up? For me, it was the first time when I ordered Applebees salads i.e. the Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad.
In case, you’ve never had the Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad, you should realize that it’s delicious. It contains all the basic ingredients that make a salad fulfilling: fresh greens, filling protein, almonds and chow mein noodles for crunch, and a sweet, smooth dressing to tie it all together.
Generally, I endeavor to abstain from counting calories, particularly when I go out to eat. However, I do trust it is sensible to anticipate that my salads to be nutritious. I also anticipate it to be yummy, filling, and offer a decent variety of ingredients, flavors, and textures. Have I set the bar too high? In no way, Case in point! A valid example: the homemade version of Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad. It’s similarly as scrumptiously addictive as Applebees salads versions. However, it is actually good for you and sensible in the calorie department as well.
Nutritional Value of Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
- Calories: 370 Calories
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Sodium: 304mg
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 29g
A healthy copycat variant of Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad that is similarly comparable to the original for a small amount of the calories.
Ingredients To Make Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 Crispy Asian Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 green chopped onions, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–2 tablespoons nonfat milk, if necessary
- Mix together all ingredients for dressing in a little bowl with an electric blender. Place dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare salad
- Preheat oil in profound fryer or deep container over medium warmth. You need the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees F.
- In a little, shallow bowl beat egg, include milk and blend well.
- In another bowl, mix flour with corn flake crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each segment of chicken first into egg blend then into the flour blend, covering each piece totally.
- Fry every chicken tender for 5 minutes or until the point that covering has obscured to dark colored.
- Prepare the salad by hurling the slashed romaine with the cleaved red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle green onion over the lettuce.
- Toast almonds in a little skillet over medium warmth for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light dark colored.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over the plate of salad, at that point include the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into little nibble estimate pieces. Place the chicken onto the plate of mixed greens framing a heap in the center. Present the salad dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Have you tried any of these recipes at home? Which one is your favorite? Do let me know in the comment section given below.