Honey is not just a sweet which has a pretty good taste. But there is much to its nutrition. Honey nutrition plays a crucial part in our life. It is beneficial for human body. Honey enrich our life. There are a lot of honey nutrition facts, keep on reading:
- 25,000 of bees species are there worldwide
- Adult worker bees lives around 45 days in summer months
- Typical bees are 30,000 to 60,000
- Male bees are known as drones
- They do not have stringers
- The only purpose of drones is to mate with queen bees
- Queen bee can sting number of times
- And they won’t die
- 99% of bees colony is full of female bees
- Which are also known as worker bees
- 183 is the number of time when honey bee flap their wings
- Bees can smell, due to which they find their hives
- Bees dance when they come back and tell other bees that they found flowers
- Honey is the only food which is produced by an insect
- And human eat it
- Worker bees transfer the floral nectar
- Which is gathered by honey
- Enzymes are added which produce moisture
Honey is not just a simple sugar. It is used by human kind to give human body health and energy.
Fat: 0 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Trans fat: 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1 mg
Potassium 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Dietary fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 16 g
Protein: 0 g
Vitamin A: 0.00%
Honey contains 17.1 % water. It is a super saturated sugar. The basic nutritional fact of honey is that it contain small amount of proteins, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. With the above mentioned aspects it also has carbohydrate.
It is rich in both enzymatic and non-enzymatic facts. Honey contains 18 varieties of amino acid. There are many unique characteristics of honey. Main ones are:
- Moisture content
- Dextrose (glucose)
About Raw Honey:
Raw honey contains all pollen, micro nutrient and enzymes. Usually these things are destroyed before honey is being filtered. Honey is being heated and filtered. But getting Raw Honey crystallized is the easiest, as it is unfiltered. Glory bees provide raw honey, because they are never heated above a certain level that is 115 degree. It contains more health benefits as many people think.
Health Benefits of Raw Honey:
Raw honey has many benefits to health. Read below to get an over view about it:
- Health weight management
- Deal with allergies
- Source of energy
- Antioxidant powerhouse
- Promotes sleep
- Heals ulcer
- Good for diabetic patients
- Used as a cough syrup
Useful Facts (honey nutritional facts):
Honey is used for many things in our daily routine. Be it skin care or health care. Even if we have to add honey in our food items. It enhances the taste and gives it a nice sweet flavor. Other than this, honey contains things which give out benefits. Read under:
Honey is a source of carbohydrates. The nectar of bees is made of sucrose and water. The enzymes added by bees provide more chemical compounds. Turning sucrose to fructose and then to glucose. Later the water is evaporated as it can spoil the remaining product.
Less water in honey gives out a better quality. The usual water content is 18%.
Minerals and Vitamins:
The ratio of minerals in honey is 2 %. Pollen, vitamins, and protein are of same ratio as well. Honey naturally contains minerals and vitamins in it. This helps in the metabolism process of excessive cholesterol and fatty acids. Honeys prevent obesity and promote good health. It has vitamins which are:
- Amino acids
Higher conductivity equals to better quality of honey.
Antioxidants are one of the most health promoting nutritional facts. Honey is rich in phenolic and flavonoid acid. These are a source of antioxidants which are natural. It is free of fat and cholesterol.
Honey has 64 calories in table spoon.
The sugar in honey is gradually absorbed in bloodstream. This results in better digestion. Avoid it excessive glycemic food, which promotes more insulin in our system.
Honey for Energy:
- Honey is for being more energized. We eat honey to feel younger.
- Honey as an energy drink can be used while working out or even dieting.
- It is for hibernation as you sleep late and feel stressed in a day.
- the process of hibernation for kids is important because sleeping on time for kids is must. Sleep affects health and health of a child is must to look after.
- Honey helps in metabolism process. That is why it is necessary to have a spoon of honey daily.
Honey for Sugar:
Replace one cup of sugar with a cup or more of honey. Add baking soda to such recipes which do not have cream and milk in them.
Cook jellies and jam at higher flame when you replace honey by sugar.
Beat honey and candies on a higher level and seal them more tightly.
Labels of Honey:
- True elements organic honey
- Patanjali honey
- 24 mantra organic honey
- Organica organic honey
- Forever bee honey
Adding honey to our routines would improve our lives. But excessive use of anything can be bad. Do not give honey to children who are younger than 1 year. keep out of their reach.